Friday, April 4, 2014

Ajax



”Don’t say it Ajax. I know this doesn’t makesense. Ajax I have left the two most dear to me in order to join a man I’ve hared for years. I can’t say why now. All you need to know is that you can trust me to be loyal and brave until we win or are annihilated by the Trojans. You have my word. I will be faithful.” “Dinner is on the table Ajax.” “Thank you Tacmessa. You are welcome to join us Antilochus,” Honored by man “In our last meal as well as our last stand.” “Ajax” “Sorry Tecmessa. I am tired.” Patroclus gave up trying to find Achilles as the sun went down he oloooed onto the sand to wait at the entrance to the path. His hound had deserted him for the smell of the evening meal and he thought ruefully it had been his day for unpleasant tasks; the upcoming one likely to be the most regrettable. He felt close to all three of them and saw no way anyone could escape unscathered. As a peacemaker he had been an utter failure, and if possible, he had made things worse. “One would think it was you who had slept with Antilochus’woman from that look on your face,” Patroclus jumped,he had not heard Achilles come up in front. “What’s wrong ?” “You startled me.” “I don’t have to ask how things went with Timandra. Where’s Antilochus?” “Gone.” Archilles sat down next to Patroclus. “Where?” “I am sorry Archilles. Antilochus hass left to join Agamemnon.” He wanted you to know that it was Ajax’s plea not your actions which drew him back into the army. He claims guilt about his friends rather than rage at you and Tim, prompted him to return. He said he loves you still.” “The timing somewhat make his motive suspect.” Patroclus grimned. “Come on Archilles. We both know Antilochus well enough to trust his reasons. “Normally yes, but when a woman is involved men are capable of doing and saying anything.” Archilles snorted. “They get some kind of weired hold on a man…” “Timandra’s not like that.” Patrochus snapped hotly.



No comments:

Post a Comment